Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quotes & Statistics

Whenever anyone quoted statistics to me, saying, "oh, the odds are 1:1,000,000".  All I could think about was that 1.  That regardless of the number on the right, there's still a number 1 on the left side.  And every time I met a pregnant woman, a successful pregnant woman, I thought to myself, well, you are one of the 1,000,000.  When I was a member of a pregnancy forum, I actually sat there and thought, "all of us will not make it.  at various points, people will begin to leave.".  Inevitably, I was one of those people.  I was the dreaded number of the left side of the statistic.  I can only happen that I can be that number only once.  I can come to term with the early miscarriages, where the chances are as high as 25% - perhaps I've just been unlucky.

But, just once, I only need it to be just ONCE, I'd like to be the number on the right.  I'm always the number on the right when it comes to the lottery, and contests, and everything fantastic; I'm never that 1, never when I want to be the 1.  Now I am the one, and I pray with all my might to a god I don't even know exists, that for once, I can be in the 'normal' distribution.  Why is that so much to ask?  Why is that seemingly so difficult?

I don't have much energy to type much more tonight, so a few of my favorite quotes about loss...
~~~~~~~

I carry you with me into the world, into the smell of rain & the words that dance between people & for me, it will always be this way, walking in the light, remembering being alive together. - Brian Andreas

I never knew emptiness could weigh so much, she said.  I can barely hold it.  So he sat beside her & reached for her hand, and they held it together. - Brian Andreas

♥ “Each new life,no matter how brief, forever changes the world.”
♥ ‎”There is, I am convinced, no picture that conveys in all its dreadfulness, a vision of sorrow, despairing, remediless, supreme. If I could paint such a picture, the canvas would show only a woman looking down at her empty arms.” -Charlotte Bronte
♥ “There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.”
♥ “Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color.” W.S. Merwin
♥ “I held you every second of your life.” -Stephanie Paige Cole
♥ “We are grieving, We are not contagious, We are not sad all the time, We laugh, We smile, We cry, We weep for being happy, We live, We talk, We feel, We come from every background, We are sad, we lost a baby, We are…” -Jennifer Davis
♥ “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” -Gandhi
♥ ‎”It has been said time heals all wounds… I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind protecting it’s sanity covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it’s never gone…” -Rose Kennedy
♥ “How very quietly you tiptoed into our world, silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left upon our hearts.’” -Unknown
♥ “If I had lost a leg, I would tell them, instead of a boy, no one would ever ask me if I was ‘over’ it. They would ask me how I was doing learning to walk without my leg. I was learning to walk and to breath and to live without Wade. And what I was learning is that it was never going to be the life I had before.” -Elizabeth Edwards
♥ “It’s a happy life, but someone is missing. It’s a happy life, and someone is missing.” -Elizabeth McCracken, An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination
♥  “Do not judge the bereaved mother.
She comes in many forms.
She is breathing, but she is dying.
She may look young, but inside she has become ancient.
She smiles, but her heart sobs.
She walks, she talks, she cooks, she cleans, she works, she IS,
but she IS NOT, all at once.
She is here, but part of her is elsewhere for eternity.”

♥ “Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.” -Jean Kerr
♥ “Hope is all I have left; if I lose hope, I lose everything.  I refuse to go there just yet.  I'll hope for the future, because without that, there is no future." VMHC
Most of the above are from http://facesofloss.com/resources/quotes - credit given to the author when the name was available.





No comments:

Post a Comment